Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology in collaboration with Singhania University, offers a two-year direct lateral entry program in Bachelor of Science or BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management, that nurtures your creativity while providing a practical and technical skills needed for career success, exposing you to the real demands and practices of the fashion industry. Our hands-on curriculum covers a 360-degree knowledge of the various traces in fashion domain. You will learn the fundamentals of professional draping, patternmaking, and sewing techniques. You’ll excel in computer-aided design (CAD), and learn how to take a design from concept to finished garment. The program also trains you to become not only a Fashion designer with your own creative vision, but a professional prepared to take your place in this challenging industry.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, one of the best fashion colleges in India, comprises the practical and hands-on training that is required for a career in fashion design and expanding the potential of its creative practice. The program curriculum takes you through modules such as design process starting with visual research, sketching ideas, design development, technical flat sketching, sourcing materials, and creating line plans to draping and fully constructed garments. The students are trained with all latest technical skills , practical oriented skills and management knowledge that helps them to build a creative portfolio for a successful career in fashion or emerge as fashion entrepreneurs.
| Eligibility: Govt. Polytechnic Diploma in Fashion/
Textiles/ Handloom/ Knitting Technology
|Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion Design|
COURSE OVERVIEWThe three year program in BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management, at JD institute of fashion technology cochin:
- Integrates theory with studio based practice and enquires how they inform each other in developing the scope and potential of this creative industry.
- Develops the creative thinking and technical skills of the students to conceptualize and execute a fashion collection.
- Focuses on the integral elements of Fashion Design and Garment Management ranging from fabric analysis, principles of design, fashion illustration, pattern-making and garment construction.
- Develops the ability to analyse evolving trends, contemporary norms, socio cultural dynamics and how these conditions influence fashion in both the Indian and International market.
- Provides opportunities to students to attain visibility by showcasing their artistic collections in front of renowned and established personalities of the fashion industry.
- JD Institute Cochin is committed in providing an Innovative program with a rich understanding of the business of fashion so you can successfully create wearable art with purpose.
- Assess, master, and apply various techniques related to the drafting, draping, and construction of garments.
- Develop a organised and critical approach to problem solving through design thinking.
- Identify problems, anticipate challenges, and envision solutions in existing fashion systems.
- Attain a strong sense of imaginative thinking, forecasting trends.
- Demonstrate professionalism by managing time to meet deadlines with quality work and effectively collaborating in teams.
- Relate fashion design and its applications to a broader socio-economic and environmental context.
- Develop the relevant skills to be an efficient entrepreneur in the current creative environment.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offers a wide range of career opportunities. Here is a list of diverse opportunities that one could branch out into after the completion of the course:
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion Photographer
- Fashion Publicist (Promotion and PR)
- Costume Designer
- Trend Forecaster
- Sustainability Compliance Officer
- Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Consultant
- Production Manager Draper
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Forecaster
- Fashion Curator
- Visual Merchandiser
- Draping -1
- CAD – 1
- Traditional Indian Textiles
- Fashion Forecasting
- CAD – 2
- Draping – 2
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques – MENSWEAR
- Academic Research Methodologies
- Fabric Ornamentation
- Apparel Merchandising
- CAD – 3
- Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Fashion Styling
- Industry Project
- Apparel Production and Quality Control
- Visual Merchandising and Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion Marketing and Retail
- Final Collection Portfolio