Master of Arts or MA in Fashion Communication is a two-year postgraduate program offered by Academy of design and management, Cochin , under guidance and management by one of the top fashion schools in India, JD Institute of Fashion Technology, in collaboration with Sunrise University.The programme aims to broaden and analyze the scope, potential, and innovative capabilities of new media, visual communication, and digital tools in fashion practise. The programme encourages the cohort to identify and practice their own specialized interest and become professionals at it, while also providing students with the knowledge and skills needed to meet the demands of the current industry. Fashion communication plays an important role in fashion and public engagement, thanks to a pedagogy that emphasizes the field’s versatility and adaptability.
MA in Fashion Communication gives students the ability and platform to explore the fields of fashion styling, photography, and communication in order to create content guided by their own independent and personalized vision. Students explore old and new media methods while focusing on developing creative and technical tools and aptitude. Students develop the ability to apply communication fundamentals and explore new and established methodologies of its practice throughout the programme, with an emphasis on understanding and meeting the demands of its end-user.
|Eligibility: Graduation (Any Stream)||Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: ADM X JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion Design|
|Day: Sundays||Time: 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM|
- Course Aims for students who want to work in creative communication fields such as fashion journalism, fashion styling, advertising, or any other media-related format.
- It focuses on learning communication methodologies for new and established channels, as well as understanding the audience for effective articulation.
- Students learn and apply the fundamentals of fashion, terminology, major events that shaped fashion, design thinking, journalism, typography, editorial skills, photography, styling, media planning and buying, and various CAD skills.
- This is a hands-on course that guides students on a journey of self-discovery, creativity, and innovation.
LEARNING OUTCOMESGraduates of the MA in Fashion Communication will be able to:
- Put design thinking and visual and verbal communication skills to use in order to efficiently and effectively understand and meet the creative needs of a brand/company.
- Create a media buying and marketing strategy to increase brand visibility.
- Create a brand’s visual and verbal identity to reflect the ethos and philosophy of the organization and its target audience.
- Manage online and offline communication strategies and their implementation.
- Create and develop innovative creatives, such as mood boards, visuals, prints, and books.
- Integrate a message for maximum profit that is appropriate for multiple audiences.
- Acquire extensive digital and technical knowledge.
- Through various talks, seminars, workshops, live industry projects, and internships, you will gain a global understanding of the field of fashion communication.
Academy of Design and Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology holds strong industry linkages with various fashion and apparel brands and institutions. Being a graduate from this programs enable students to:
- Work as a Fashion Journalist, Editor, Writer, Curator.
- Visual Director, Brand Spokesperson, Marketing Strategist,
- Copy Editor, Consultant, Analyst.
- Brand Manager, Fashion Marketing Manager.
- Fashion Blogger, Fashion Critic
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion History
- Design Thinking
- Communication Theory
- Graphic Tools-1
- Research Methodology
- Consumer Behavior
- Project Work
- Graphic Tools -2
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Law
- Project Work
- Graphic Tools-3
- Visual Merchandising
- Packaging Design
- Project Work
- Media Buying & Planning
- Editorial Content Management
- Digital Media Marketing
- Graphic Tools 4
- Management Practices
- Final Dissertation