Master of Science or MSc. in Interior Design is a two-year post graduate program offered by the Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology in collaboration with Singhania University. The program focuses on studio based with the Technologies, History and Theory, and Research integrated through Design projects.The curriculum explores design thinking with relation to space, material, communication and presentation through an approach that integrates traditional and new formats in conceptualization, making and technology, helping students find and develop their areas of specialization and interest.
|Eligibility: Graduation (Any Stream)||Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Interior Design|
MSc. in Interior Design prepares students to emphasize the creation of human-centered and context-based design solutions that respond to the needs of contemporary life. As India witnesses a significant change in the quality of life, people are increasingly becoming conscious about their shelters. The desire to build and own neo modern spaces, blending simplicity and elegance, has increased the demand for interior designers. With this changing landscape, a masters in interior design will present you with a world of opportunities to explore and also equip students with the right skill sets to cater to the needs of the consumer. This large-scale expanse brings its own set of issues and challenges, and this is what the MSc. in Interior Design at Academy of Design and Management, cochin, trains its students to meet, innovate and lead, through an approach that is sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the human needs.
- Students at the master’s level will develop an advanced understanding of the current condition and potential scope of the interior design industry; they also develop the ability to identify and provide solutions to contemporary issues and concerns.
- Gain valuable understanding and application of design thinking and philosophies through an experimental and innovative approach.
- Identify and develop an individual area of specialization, interest and expertise; stay updated on the workings of the interior design industry through field visits and projects.
- Develop the skill and aptitude to become effective and conscientious entrepreneurs with confidence and capability.
- Develop digital and technical proficiency to lead an interior design career that is reflective of the current advancements in technology.
Academy of Design and Management, Cochin Under the guidance and management of Jd Institute of Fashion Technology has the reputation of training students who are equipped with the skill to thrive and meet the demands of the real-world. The advanced curriculum for MSc. in Interior Design is designed based on advice from renowned industry and academy specialists.
- The students can enter the industry as Interior designers / Design Partners / Interior Stylists / Interior Decorators / Project Manager / Lighting Designer / Interior Landscape Designer / 3D Visualiser.
- They can start-up their own firms for Interior design / Consultancies / Material distributors / Project management.
- Depending on their specialisation, they can find opportunities such as Set designers / Exhibition designer / Visual merchandiser / Architecture journalist / Restoration & Conservation specialist / Researcher.
- Design Fundamentals
- Material Sourcing
- Interior Services
- Software 1 – AutoCAD
- Workshop 1 – Research Methodologies and Design Philosophy
- Product Design
- Design Thinking
- Communication Design 1 – Writing in Design
- Space Design
- Estimation and Costing
- Software 2 – Sketch-up & V-Ray
- Workshop 2 – Model Making
- Residence Project
- Lighting & Acoustics Design
- Communication Design 2 – Graphic Design
- Landscape Design
- Workshop 3 – Visual Merchandising
- Dissertation 1 – Part A
- Dissertation 2 – Part A
- Industry Project / Internship
- Business of Interior Design
- Vocational Studies
- Dissertation 1 – Part B
- Dissertation 2 – Part B