Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, one of the top fashion colleges in India, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, offer a one-year Diploma in Fashion Business Management. The course is a bridge between and fashion and business practices. Through this program, students learn about thoughtful fashion business, and helps train them on professional skills such as problem solving, strategic planning, decision making, leadership; along with an understanding of organisational goals and competitive global market study. Students are also encouraged to identify issues and concerns of the current industry and provide innovative solutions.
Fashion industry is apace and with each season it reinvents itself. Diploma in Fashion Business Management gives insights into the working of fashion brands through an in-depth analysis. Students are trained to make decisions that reflect the philosophy and ethics of the business organisation; as well as in consumer psychology and behaviour; forecasting; and entrepreneurship. The course involves a thorough research and analysis of the latest trends in the fashion industry in order to predict the success and popularity of designs among the consumers, based on its price and usability Also, students will learn accredited skills such as, setting organisational goals, understand strategic development, develop entrepreneurial vision, be involved in design management, work on creative team building, and so on.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 1 Year||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion|
The one-year Diploma in Fashion Business Management offered by Academy of Design and Management, Cochin:
- Equips students with various managerial and technical skills that are necessary to gain wide career opportunities in the fashion business industry today.
- Emphasises on an extensive understanding of management methodologies, fashion products, and fashion business skills.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge about different fashion products and current market trends related to fashion and lifestyle.
- Helps students get a detailed understanding about fashion marketing, innovative fashion management practices, merchandising and retailing.
- Enables students to master problem-solving, decision making, and strategic planning related to Fashion and Lifestyle services.
- Equips students in creating new and innovative strategies for the marketing of products/designs to increase its demand in the market.
LEARNING OUTCOMESGraduates of the Diploma in Fashion Business Management, the students will be able to:
- Acquire leadership and organisation management knowledge and the ability to have a strategic evaluation in the business of fashion.
- Identify various advanced management techniques and business understanding, along with the parameters that inform their methodologies in fashion and lifestyle.
- Understand important areas of the business of fashion such as, Media Impact, Trend Analysis, Management Practices, Consumer Behaviour and Brand Identities.
- Develop a strong skill set to manage and efficiently organise a fashion business; gain a rewarding industry relationship.
- Develop the ability and capability to manage a fashion and lifestyle business professionally and take decisions through empathetic and practical approach.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIESAfter completion of the Diploma in Fashion Business Management, students will be able to get work opportunities in the following roles:
- Fashion Buyer
- Design Manager
- Product Manager
- Retail Manager
- Business Development Manager
- Dynamics of Fashion Industry
- Brand Management
- Fashion Psychology and Consumer Behavior
- Research Philosophy and Ethics
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
- Fashion Journalism
- Retail Management
- Vendor Management
- Fashion Entrepreneurship
- Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Law
- JD Design Awards