Academy Of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute Of Fashion Technology offers a One Year Diploma in Fashion Design which gives an insight into the creative and the technical processes in fashion. Over the course period, the students get an opportunity to explore and learn the creative sector of the fashion world. The course structure has been designed in such a way, starting with a study of trend research and how to put together a mood board, you will then journey through the entire fashion design process, from acquiring drawing techniques that allow you to express your own creativity, and trained on how to applicate the same in the real world.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 1 Year||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion|
- The Diploma in Fashion Design is designed to provide students with intensive training and to assist them in developing their own collection with the potential to broaden the industry’s scope.
- The systematic and exploratory approach to research, creativity, imagination, technical development and marketing helps students to complete the project based fashion design course within a duration of 120 to 190 hours for each project.
- The course provides detailed awareness on practices from concept to consumer, fabric analyses, research outcomes, thematic work and various parameters that may affect these.
- The programme is based on tracking the changing trends, norms, cultural dynamics, and innovations in the global fashion industries.
- The students get to showcase their final collection to eminent personalities in the fashion industry on the runway.
LEARNING OUTCOMESStudents in Diploma from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin will be equipped to face the industry with all latest technological and skill based knowledge. This program:
- Students develop an understanding for the fundamentals of Fashion which will help them to explore and develop further potential for the fashion industry.
- Students will develop or learn an independent identity in creativity guiding them to design their own collection.
- With guidance and help from mentors, students can develop a collection based on the current trends with the help of Fashion Forecasting.
- Students also gain knowledge and ability to start their own brand or a boutique.
Being one of the best fashion colleges in India, the graduates from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, will leave a mark in the fashion industry. The Diploma Course helps one either establish their own label or gain experience in various fields such as :-
- Fashion Buyer
- Fashion Stylist
- Visual Merchandiser
- Fashion Columnist
- Fashion Thinking
- Design Process
- Fashion Illustration
- CAD (Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop)
- Pattern Drafting
- Garment Construction Techniques
- Art & Costume Appreciation
- Fabric Manipulation & Ornamentation (Workshop)
- Fashion Merchandising & Marketing (Workshop)
- JD Design Awards