Academy Of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute Of Fashion Technology offers a one-year Diploma in Visual Merchandising, which imparts extensive knowledge in the fast-growing field of retail visual merchandising. The course delivers all the core skills of visual merchandising, from using colour and arrangement to capture attention, lighting techniques, use of graphics, styling mannequins, point of sale displays, seasonal displays, and sale and clearance promotions. Through continuous coaching, they are guided to understand consumer buying psychology, potential of sales in terms of the appropriate display in places such as retail shops, showrooms, windows, signboards, interiors and other promotional drives. Efficient industry exposure and training in CAD and other digital mediums, will help the student to lead a professional practice.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 3/6 Months||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion|
Diploma in Visual Merchandising offered by Academy of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute Of Fashion Technology:
- Focuses on consumer behaviour and how one can maximise profit through visual display.
- Imparts knowledge on the latest technology, methodologies and importance of visual merchandising in today’s fashion retail.
- Helps students understand the importance of colour theories for promotional displays.
- Encourages students to understand merchandising strategies required for the retail market.
- Emphasises on including interesting workshops, inputs from industry stalwarts, being involved in an open and free-thinking environment.
- Guides students on how to develop and execute displays for promotional events and exhibitions.
LEARNING OUTCOMESPost completion of Diploma in Visual Merchandising, students will be able to:
- Learn the understanding of how to use floor layouts for excellent customer flow, space assignment, product grouping, colour, lighting, window display and elements of visual communication, including presentation methodologies; formulate innovative and inventive ways of working.
- Analyse the current trend and technology in the merchandising and retail industry.
- Learn the art of creating, developing and executing merchandising in an effective way to attract potential customers.
- Methods to make your displays correspond with a brand identity.
- Develop and prepare for intense training with the right mix of theoretical knowledge and practical implementation.
A visual merchandiser has a very big role in today’s retail industry owing to the intense competition among brands. The 6-months Diploma course in Visual Merchandising offered by one of the top fashion schools in India, the Academy of design & management, Cochin helps you make a distinct mark in the world of Retail Merchandising. There are various areas where a visual merchandiser can utilise their skill such as Fashion, Store management and Merchandising, Fashion Marketing, Event Designer, Exhibition Designer, Home Staging, and even a Design Stylist. Getting associated with one of the best Fashion, Art and Design colleges, JD Institute of Fashion Technology opens a plethora of opportunities in the market of Visual Merchandising and Design ranging from internships to placements.
- Fundamentals of Visual Merchandising
- Elements and Principles of Design
- Colour Psychology
- Lighting Design
- Display Error Management
- Trend Analysis and Forecasting
- Vendor Management
- Material Exploration
- Exterior and Interior Presentation
- Props, Fixtures, and Signages
- Consumer Behavior