Academy of Design and Management, Cochin under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology Cochin offers a two-yearsMaster of Science or MSc. in Fashion Design and Management in collaboration with Sunrise University. The program supports a holistic approach to fashion design education with a practical studio-based approach that equips students to lead their own independent or collaborative practice through training in fashion brand management. It follows a systematic methodology that fosters the development and advanced application of creative, analytical and technical skills to identify, conceive and provide solutions to current problems.
This program is designed to provide the students a thorough training in the fundamental and advanced concepts of design, pattern making, garment construction, apparel merchandising and marketing. Through its pedagogy, the course aims to prepare students to challenge the scope and interpretation of fashion, and encourages applications from students who have the courage to innovate.
|Eligibility: Graduation (Any Stream)||Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: ADM X JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Fashion Design|
- The course aims to integrate theoretical and practical training guided by the standards of the current apparel industry.
- Emphasis on the understanding and application of advanced creative processes and technical skills such as pattern making and garment construction.
- Trains students in various digital mediums used in the current apparel industry.
- Trains students to be fashion designers and the skill to establish their own fashion design brands.
- Global approach to fashion design education.
- Students gain the ability to attain a strong understanding of pattern making and garment construction, as well as an understanding of various digital softwares used in fashion design practice.
- A strong understanding of the concept of sustainability and its integration into the making process.
- Development of the ability and skill to create and present work that is responsive to the climate of the current and evolving demands of the apparel industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITIESJD Institute of Fashion Technology holds strong industry linkages with various fashion and apparel brands and institutions. Being a graduate from this programs enable students to:
- Work with fashion and textile brands
- Establish their own independent fashion design brands
- Work with fashion buying houses and export houses
- Work in retail industries as merchandiser
- Fit Technician
- Quality Manager
- Design Manager
- Fashion Thinking & Design Process
- Pattern Making
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Fashion Figure Drawing
- Textile Appreciation
- Fashion Draping
- Surface Design Techniques
- Textile Processing (Theory)
- Textile Processing (Practical)
- Fashion Rendering
- Research Philosophies
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Forecasting
- Sustainable Design Practices
- CAD- II
- Thesis – I
- Visual Merchandising & Fashion Styling
- Marketing & brand Management
- Entrepreneurship & Professional Practices
- Thesis – II