Academy of Design and Management, Cochin under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology Cochin offers Master of Science or MSc. in Interior Design , a two-year studio-based post graduate program in collaboration with Sunrise University. This multi-disciplinary program through its experimental and innovative approach supports students to explore the scope and potential of interior design through a pedagogy that challenges the nature of this industry today. The curriculum explores design thinking with relation to space, material, communication and presentation through an approach that integrates traditional and new formats in conceptualisation, making and technology, helping students find and develop their areas of specialization and interest.
MSc. in Interior Design equips students to identify the current and potential concerns of the interior design industry and offer adaptive and efficient solutions that enhance its practice. As India witnesses an increase in the demand for a consciously and effectively constructed built environment for human habitation and function, the interior design industry of the country is currently experiencing an evolution that promises immense career opportunities and an expanded scope for experimentation and innovation. This large-scale expanse brings its own set of issues and challenges, and this is what the MSc. in Interior Design trains its students to meet, innovate and lead, through an approach that is sensitive and empathetic to the needs of the human needs.
|Eligibility: Graduation (Any Stream)||Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: ADM X JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Interior Design|
- Trains students to understand and integrate concepts such as sustainability, inclusivity and experiential design to improve and augment the experience of built spaces.
- To design spaces that complement the daily navigation of human life through a methodology that is functional, aesthetic, responsible and responsive.
- To build confidence in students to challenge themselves and to take up projects; equip them with the skills necessary to handle vendors; build awareness of the building codes in order to help them become entrepreneurs and in marketing their services.
- Build a strong portfolio that reflects their creative identity, skill and problem-solving methodologies.
- Development of the creative thinking capability of students and evaluating how they can meet the demand and challenges within specified time constraints.
- Students are given real-life exposure through site visits, research projects, store and factory visits and external projects.
- Students at the master’s level will develop an advanced understanding of the current condition and potential scope of the interior design industry; they also develop the ability to identify and provide solutions to contemporary issues and concerns.
- Gain valuable understanding and application of design thinking and philosophies through an experimental and innovative approach.
- Identify and develop an individual area of specialization, interest and expertise; stay updated on the workings of the interior design industry through field visits and projects.
- Develop the skill and aptitude to become effective and conscientious entrepreneurs with confidence and capability.
- Develop digital and technical proficiency to lead an interior design career that is reflective of the current advancements in technology.
JD Institute of Fashion Technology has the reputation of training students who are equipped with the skill to thrive and meet the demands of the real-world. The curriculum for MSc. in Interior Design is designed based on advice from industry and academy specialists.
The students can enter the industry as Interior designers / Design Partners / Interior Stylists / Interior Decorators / Project Manager / Lighting Designer / Interior Landscape Designer / 3D Visualiser.
They can start-up their own firms for Interior design / Consultancies / Material distributors / Project management.
Depending on their specialization, they can find opportunities such as Set designers / Exhibition designer / Visual merchandiser / Architecture journalist / Restoration & Conservation specialist / Researcher.
- Design Thinking
- History Of Interior Design
- Architectural Graphics
- Material Sourcing
- Communication Design I – Presentation Techniques
- Furniture Design
- Design Studies
- Space Design
- Sketch-up and V-RAY
- Estimation and Costing
- Communication Design II – Research Methodologies & Writing in Design
- Restaurant Project
- Landscape Design
- Lighting & Acoustics in Interiors
- Visual Merchandising
- Communication Design II – Graphic Design
- Dissertation A (Part 1/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 1/2)
- Business of Interior Design
- Vocational Studies
- Dissertation A (Part 2/2)
- Dissertation B (Part 2/2)