Academy of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology offer a two-year postgraduate diploma or PG Diploma in Interior Design Introducing students to the fundamentals of the field, the cohort is supported to gain an advanced understanding and application of its methodologies and offer solutions that address the issues faced in its current practice. The program offers an understanding of the market trends and the ability to understand cultural and social parameters in order to articulate forecasts. The pedagogy aims to train the next generation of interior designers.
PG Diploma in Interior Design incorporates design foundation studies and theory with its studio practice to enquire how they inform each other in expanding their scope and potential. The program trains students in the various material and communication studies, along with technical and digital tools that reflect the current standards of the interior design industry. The pedagogy supports a holistic approach by covering the various nuances that inform the field such as product and landscape design and the students are encouraged to challenge the existing methodologies of working and practice, and frame new ways of working.
|Eligibility: Graduation of any stream||Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Inetrior Design|
The two-year PG Diploma in Interior Design offered by Academy of Design & Management.
- Allows students to develop their skills in conceptualization, creative thinking, analytical ability and technical mediums help realize their creative identity and areas of specialization.
- Enquire how functionality and aesthetics inform each other.
- Encourages students to get involved in creative and interdisciplinary associations to foster innovation in their specialized areas of study.
- Enable the student to identify issues and concerns in the current practice of interior and spatial design.
- Develops the ability of students to interpret market trends and the aptitude to formulate forecasts as well as new methodologies of working.
- Allows students to explore the scope and potential of interior design by integrating an approach that is informed by theory and practice.
Post completion of the two-year PG Diploma in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Attain the skills to visual and verbally articulate their ideas and concepts through both technical and creative mediums, supported by a pedagogy that values innovation and experimentation.
- Identify issues and potential concerns of the industry, and offer effective solutions that are adaptable and versatile.
- Develop a personal identity and realize areas of specialization and interest.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of innovative materials, sense of space planning, Indian art and crafts, heritage, design standards, and how to execute projects with maximum efficiency.
- Conceptualize and design interior spaces for homes, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces; develop a sensitivity to the requirements of various spaces and built environments.
- Develop the skills to be an efficient and effective entrepreneur.
- Develop a practice that is sensitive and empathetic which helps them develop a craft that is efficient, original and creative.
PG Diploma in Interior Design offered by Academy of Design & Management will open up your career in the following roles:
- Interior Stylist
- Interior Journalism
- Visual Merchandiser
- Graphic Designer
- Retail Space Designer
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Institutional Interior Designer
- Residential Interior Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Product Design Educator
- Facility Manager
- CAD Designer
- Product Designer
- Design Fundamentals
- Material Sourcing
- Interior Services
- Software 1 – AutoCAD
- Workshop 1 – Research Methodologies and Design Philosophy
- Product Design
- Design Thinking
- Communication Design 1 – Writing in Design
- Space Design
- Estimation and Costing
- Software 2 – Sketch-up & V-Ray
- Workshop 2 – Model Making
- Residence Project
- Lighting & Acoustics Design
- Communication Design 2 – Graphic Design
- Landscape Design
- Workshop 3 – Visual Merchandising
- Dissertation 1 – Part A
- Dissertation 2 – Part A
- Industry Project / Internship
- Business of Interior Design
- Vocational Studies
- Dissertation 1 – Part B
- Dissertation 2 – Part B