Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, offers a three year Advance Diploma in Interior Design. The experimental and innovative pedagogy of the programme follows a structure that enriches students’ creative identities and assists them in identifying and developing areas of interest and specialisation within the broad field of interior design. After familiarising the unit with the fundamentals of the field, the programme focuses on the advanced application and development of these established methodologies in broadening and challenging the student’s innovative scope of specialisation. The programme fosters a collaborative spirit and the development of a creative practise that supports an interdisciplinary approach by encouraging students to work on outside projects and inquire about the application of their classroom learning in a real-world setting.
The Advanced Diploma in Interior Design deconstructs and analyses the multifaceted and interdisciplinary parameters that influence interior design. The programme fosters an environment in which students are encouraged to think creatively and understand the current state of the interior design industry by analysing its historical, cultural, and social parameters. This enables them to lead a creative practise that situates itself within the current context and offers effective and innovative solutions that are relevant and responsive to the current climate. The programme examines the relationship between function, utility, and aesthetics in the context of interior design’s broad and evolving application.The programme prepares students for the demanding demands of the interior design industry through various technical exploration, creative thinking development, and external projects.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2/A Level||Duration: 3 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Inetrior Design|
COURSE OVERVIEWThe 3-year Advanced Diploma course in Interior Design offered by Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Provides students with an understanding of various established interior design methodologies and prepares them to develop new practise methodologies.
- Includes an interdisciplinary approach that focuses on a methodological and technical approach to interior design practise.
- Students’ analytic and reasoning abilities are developed in order to create solutions that meet functional and aesthetic standards, based on an empathic approach to design.
- Provides comprehensive knowledge in the field of interior design through the study of various architectural elements, material sourcing, lighting and decorations, soft furnishings, lifestyle and cultural preferences, and so on, and inquires about their innovative application.
- Helps students gain a thorough understanding of the ever-changing landscape of interior design by taking into account the varying tastes and preferences of different demographics, cultures, and heritage.
LEARNING OUTCOMESPost completion of the Advanced Diploma course in Interior Design, the student will be able to:
- Interiors for residences, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces, must be conceptualised and designed with an understanding of the differences between their requirements and demands.
- Develop their creative and critical thinking skills, as well as broaden the scope of their specialisation.
- Find work as an interior designer, event designer/consultant, freelance designer, space planner, visualiser, set designer, or interior decorator in a variety of industries.
- Recognize the synergy that exists between an individual and his or her surroundings.
- Create functional concepts to improve the visual appeal and comfort of the space.
Academy of Design and Management’s 3-year Advanced Diploma in Interior Design prepares graduates to meet the challenges of the real-world industry. Architectural firms, hotels, builders, town planning bureaus, private consultancies, hospitals, public works departments, museums, studios, theatres, and stores are all places where students can find work. They can also work as a Freelance Design Consultant, Residential Interior Designer, Exhibition Designer, and others in related fields.
- History of Interiors 1
- Fundamentals of Art & Design
- Construction Materials 1
- Introduction to 2D & 3D Graphics
- Environment & Public Health
- History of Interiors 2
- Furniture Design & Model Making
- Construction Materials 2
- Design Contextual Studies
- Constitution of India and Human Rights
- Textile & Accessories in Interiors
- CAD in Interiors 1
- Construction & Detailing
- Interior Design – 1 (Residence)
- Indian History, Culture & Diversity
- Visual Merchandising
- Interior Services 1- Electrical , HVAC, Lighting
- Interior Design – II (Commercial)
- CAD in Interiors 2
- Life Skills and Personality Development
- Interior Services 2 – Plumbing & Sanitation
- Estimation, Costing & Specification for Interiors
- Interior Design – III (Office)
- Interior Landscaping
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Industry Project
- Construction Management & Professional Practice
- Working Drawings
- Portfolio & Resume Development
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation