Academy of Design and Management, Cochin, under guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology, offers a two-year direct lateral entry program in Bachelor’s of Science or BSc. in Interior Design in collaboration with Singhania University. The program supports a creative and innovative approach to interior design, and the students are exposed to various aspects ranging from material understanding, construction techniques to the evolving digital mediums that inform its current practice. Through the integration of theory with the practical, the students are introduced to a 360 degree in interior domain. The program develops the skill in students to formulate and interpret latest trends and technologies, design interior environments that reflect an understanding of environmental sustainability, cultural differences, and the human need for comfort and well-being.
| Eligibility: Govt. Polytechnic Diploma in
Civil/ Architecture/ Interior/ Electrical
|Duration: 2 Years||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Interior Design|
BSc. in Interior Design at Academy of Design Management, Cochin prepares students to develop an individual identity, by encouraging their creative, innovative and critical thinking that will establish them as innovators in the field of interior design. The extensive curriculum covers the various nuances within interior design ranging from domestic and commercial spaces to public landscapes. The program also develops entrepreneurial skills to equip them with the capability to lead and manage a sustained career in the field.
LEARNING OUTCOMESStudents in Diploma from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin will be equipped to face the industry with all latest technological and skill based knowledge. This program:
- Develop creative and critical thinking skills, technical proficiency and professional skills, as well as entrepreneurial insights.
- Ability to transform plans and sketches into 3D rendering and prototypes.
- Develop a personal creative identity, and gain an understanding on how they can expand the scope and potential of the industry through their practice.
- Ability to ideate, innovate design and its practices within the global context of social, economic and environmental sustainability.
- Ability to put forward theoretical understanding in practical surroundings within the interior design industry, and enquire how they inform each other.
Students graduating from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin in BSc. Interior Design, will be equipped to adapt and contribute to an industry that is witnessing evolution and expanding the scope of the built environment. Career opportunities are not limited to the following but include:
- Interior Styling and Experience Design
- Interior Spatial Design
- Residential Design
- Institutional Design
- Retail Design
- Visual Merchandising
- Heritage Space Design
- Hospitality and Recreation Design
- Exhibition Design
- Event Management and Design
- Set Design and Scenography
- Interior Accessories and Products Design
- 3D Visualisation
- CAD and Interior Illustrator
- Textile & Accessories in Interiors
- CAD in Interiors 1
- Construction & Detailing
- Interior Design – 1 (Residence)
- Indian History, Culture & Diversity
- Visual Merchandising
- Interior Services 1- Electrical , HVAC, Lighting
- Interior Design – II (Commercial)
- CAD in Interiors 2
- Life Skills and Personality Development
- Interior Services 2 – Plumbing & Sanitation
- Estimation, Costing & Specification for Interiors
- Interior Design – III (Office)
- Interior Landscaping
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Industry Project
- Construction Management & Professional Practice
- Working Drawings
- Portfolio & Resume Development
- Entrepreneurship & Innovation