Academy of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology offer a one-year Diploma in Fine Jewellery Design that introduces students to the fundamental workings of fine jewellery design. The students are encouraged to explore and experiment new possibilities of making. The diploma course endows students to find their own creative identity and provide them with the skill needed to be pioneers of their practice.
Diploma in Fine Jewellery Design provides students with the aptitude and the skill – technical as well as creative – to conceptualise and create innovative fine jewellery. Following a pedagogy that supports experimentation and exploration, the program covers drawing and rendering; design thinking; metallurgy and gemmology and portfolio development. Through the concentrated curriculum, students develop their own creative identity and refine it, they are also supported to delimit areas of their own interest and specialisation. Training in digital mediums and industry-related exposure, along with participation in JD Annual Design Awards help develop their skill and enhances the capability to meet the demands of the industry.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 1 Year||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Jewellery Design|
Diploma in Fine Jewellery Design offered by Academy of Design and Management, Cochin
- Equips the learner to understand the creative process, technical expertise and analytical aptitude required to create fine jewellery.
- Proves functional knowledge of various materials, fabrication techniques, compositions, and market trends related to the design of fine jewellery.
- Helps the learner identify traditional and jewellery drafting techniques.
- Develops the creative identity and helps the student define areas of specialisation.
- Acquire the technical know-how needed to commence one’s career in the industry of fine jewellery designing.
Post completion of Diploma in Fine Jewellery Design, student will be able to:
- Understand cultural and historical contexts related to the art of fine jewellery design. This helps them define the scope of their practice and create work that is responsive and responsible.
- Develop a personal creative uniqueness and identify areas of interest and specialisation.
- Develop appropriate methodologies for research, design, and the manufacture of fine jewellery through an approach that supports innovation, experimentation and exploration.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of materials, their properties and application within the scope of fine jewellery design.
- Develop industry associations and gain industry and career opportunities.
- Design and exhibit their own fine jewellery collection.
The jewellery industry is witnessing growth and evolution in its practice and significance. With this expansion, it has opened new avenues and methods of working, along with new employment opportunities. Graduates of Diploma in Fine Jewellery Design by the Academy of Design and Management are equipped to meet the demands and challenges of the real-world workings of fine jewellery design, and find themselves creating their own brand or working with recognised brands or luxury designers. Other career opportunities include:
- Material Analyst
- Stylist and Costume Jewellery Designer
- Foundation Drawing
- History of Jewellery
- Design Thinking and Process
- Diamond Grading & Gemmology
- Research Methods & Collection Design
- Jewellery Illustration and Rendering
- Professional Practices
- Jewellery Cost & Budgeting
- 2D Graphics
- 3D Graphics
- Visual Merchandising
- Final Design Project