Academy Of Design & Management, cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute Of Fashion Technology offers a one-year Diploma in Interior Design that promote deeper understanding of fundamental methodologies in interior domain. The program encourages the students to understand and enquire about the diversifying practice of interior design through an exploratory and experimental approach.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 1 Year||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Interior Design|
Diploma in Interior Design at Academy of Design and Management, Cochin takes you through the journey of evolving industry, and through the inquiry of its history, students are trained to interrogate the various parameters that inform its practice. This engagement enables them to identify issues and potential concerns of the industry thereby, formulating effective solutions. This course provides a systematic approach that covers subjects including planning, surveying and measuring interiors. Students will learn a broad range of skills covering drawing scale plans and elevations with projects that will assist your understanding of basic colour theory, the psychology of colour, lighting, finishes and presentation. To keep up with the latest Interior design industry trends, students are trained in the various digital and technical tools such as CAD, 2D and 3D Graphics (Drafting) and VRAY. The diploma also trains students to understand costing, equipping them with the skills to exercise their creative practice in a sustained and sustainable approach.
LEARNING OUTCOMESPost completion of the Diploma in Interior Design from Academy of Design and Management, Cochin the students will be able to:
- Identify issues and concerns of the current climate of Interior Design; ability to understand client briefs and demands with efficiency.
- Conceptualise and design interiors for home, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces.
- It enables you to experiment and master the basic design tools and to identify, analyse the current trends in interior design in terms of forms, colours, materials.
- Acquire the skills and aptitude to work as: Interior Designer; Interior Visualiser; Set Designer; Interior Decorator.
Graduating with a Diploma in Interior Design opens the door for various job opportunities that are continuing to evolve and grow. These include:
- Interior designers/ interior stylists / interior decorators/ lighting designers/ landscape designer
- Start their own interior design firm/ consultancy/ studio/ material distribution
- Set designers / Exhibition designer / Visual merchandiser / Architecture journalist / Restoration & Conservation specialist / Researcher
- Space Design
- Fundamentals of Interior
- Building Materials and Construction
- Design Thinking (Workshop)
- Estimation and Costing (Workshop)