Academy of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers a six-month Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) that equips creative individuals with the aptitude and skill to conceptualise and create jewellery that emphasises on utilising the current digital resources such as CAD software’s. As the jewellery design industry is witnessing expansion and growth, the course trains students to become creative jewellery designers.
Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) trains individuals to become jewellery designers by equipping them with the technical and creative skill. Realising the jewellery industry’s increased reliance on digital mediums, the course emphasises on training students in various digital resources such as CAD. The curriculum covers the fundamentals of jewellery design such as design, rendering, design thinking, metallurgy and gemmology.
|Eligibility: SSLC | +2 | Any Graduation||Duration: 6 Months||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Jewellery Design|
Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) offered by Academy of Design & Management, Cochin
- Incorporates classroom learning with a studio-practice that emphasizes utilising and maximising digital resources such as CAD software’s for its practice.
- Equips students with an understanding of all the processes involved in creating jewellery: nature of raw materials used, conceptualisation of design patterns, ergonomics of fine craft meeting real-world treatment, along with designers and market, trend and forecast considerations.
- Helps the student master the fundamentals of CAD (Computer Aided Design).
LEARNING OUTCOMESPost-completion of the Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD), the student will be able to:
- Learn marketing and management skills, including promotion strategies of different jewellery products.
- Assess materials, develop aesthetic skills and work around craftsmanship skills.
- Develop portfolio skills and presentation capabilities.
- Lead a professional practice.
Graduates of the Diploma in Jewellery Design (CAD) offered by Academy of Design & Management, are equipped to meet the demands and challenges of the jewellery industry. They can find themselves working as jewellery designers or CAD designers at jewellery studios. They would gain the knowledge and the aptitude to start their own jewellery brand. Through the institute’s affiliation and associations with various businesses and brands, students have the opportunity to expand their network and foster connections. Other career opportunities include:
- Material Analyst
- Stylist and Costume Jewellery Designer
- Foundation Drawing
- Design Thinking and Process
- Basic Metallurgy
- Diamond Grading and Gemmology
- Jewellery Illustration and Rendering – CAD (Rhino)