Academy of Design & Management, Cochin under the guidance and management of JD Institute of Fashion Technology offer a six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry, where in trains’ artistic individuals who are interested to learn and practice makeup and hair professionally. Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry has had a profound growth as a career prospect in the past decade. With its growing practice, its prospect promises a career that supports innovation at its core.
The six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry is for any passionate aspirant willing to pursue a professional career in this industry. Steered by an expert of the industry, the students are introduced to the current demands and challenges of its practice, and are supported to formulate creative ways of working. The intensive curriculum of the course helps students realize their own creative identity and develops the skill required to be leaders of the industry.
|Eligibility: Graduation Any Stream/ SSC/+2||Duration: 6 Weeks||Language: English|
|Seats: 60 Seats||Availability: JD Institute – Cochin||Department: Hair & Makeup|
The six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry offered by Academy of Design & Management:
- Helps the student acquire the skills required to be a professional Makeup and Hairstyle artist in 6 weeks.
- Trains students in the fundamental and advanced tools and techniques of make-up and hairstyle.
- Consists of opportunities such as exposure to global industry standards and exhibitions of live projects.
- Provides students with the visibility required to create a dynamic interface with professionals and experts of the make-up and hair industry.
- Gives in-depth knowledge about the use of make-up and hairstyle in print, film, television, weddings and other forms of media.
Post completion of the Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry, the student will be able to:
- Identify themselves as a qualified professional artist of make-up and hairstyling.
- Determine the importance of choosing the appropriate make-up and hairstyling products.
- Provide inputs to clients regarding which products to ensure that there is no damage done to the skin and hair.
- Collaborate with the photography department and analyze the relationship between various make-up and hairstyling designs with camera and documentation.
Due to the evolving and dynamic nature of the industry, makeup and hair artists have immense opportunities to practice their craft. Industries such as, Print, Film, Television, Weddings and other forms of media, are looking for innovative artists to enhance their operations. Post completion of the six-week Diploma in Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry offered by Academy of Design & Management, the student will be equipped to start their own beauty salon or work with well-recognized salons in the country. The six-week Diploma course provides an apt platform to build a career in industries such as
- Bridal Make-up and Hair Styling
- Personal Grooming
- Make-up and Hair Stylist for the Entertainment Industry, etc.
Students who wish to be trained to the current standards of the industry and who desire to be equipped with the skill to lead an efficient and professional career are supported by the diploma course of the institute.
- Introduction to Makeup and Hairstyle Artistry
- Self-hygiene (product cleansing and sanitizing formula)
- Knowledge and exposure to professional makeup products (Indian and International brands)
- Make-up kit essentials.
- Practical sessions on different Makeup looks
- Self-practice sessions and mentor guidance
- Achieving perfect base, eyes and lips.
- Demonstration on eye looks
- Over all knowledge on color correction, contour and highlight.
- Different hairstyles, tool knowledge and application techniques
- Bridal looks (Makeup, hairstyle, and draping)
- Hands-on experience of make-up in a professional studio setup environment.